Thursday, May 03, 2012

Maggie's Farm on the Road Again

Got checked out yesterday by the local legend, Nurse Maryann Bigger, who has doctored several generations of  the hill people around here.  She said no, my Lyme Disease is not back, and gave me a prescription for a muscle relaxer for my neck, and strict instructions to take better care of myself and get that blood pressure down.  If only she knew about my job....and Maryland Sheep and Wool.  It is such an honor to be in this show,  and I raise all my own wool and mohair.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  I'm waiting for Kimmie Cornerstone to pull in from Ontario, and we'll finish loading and off we go.  It will take a day to set up the booth at the Howard County Fairgrounds, two days of fun with many sheep friends, then pack up and drive home with back to work on Monday morning.  Come and find us in the Farm and Garden Building, next to the tee-shirt building, at the Howard County Fairgrounds in West Friendship, Maryland, just one hour west of Baltimore.  This is the ultimate sheep and wool festival - emphasis on SHEEP, with very few alpacas!  I don't have anything against alpacas...but, remember,  Wool is the Mother of All Fibers!  It is the skeleton on which all the exotics hang!

2 comments:

MMD said...

I do not know how you manage to do so much by youself! Good luck, dear Maggie, at the Maryland Sheep and Wool fair!

Annie said...

Hey Maggie! You definitely need to take care of that blood pressure (or we're going to sic Mia on you!). Thinking about you at Maryland. Can't wait to hear the stories and see the pictures!