Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Heads Up

My friend, Jim Shelley, expert knitter and teacher at a Philadelphia yarn shop, couldn't make it to Maryland this year.  I met Jim 15 or so years ago when I used to go to Maryland Sheep and Wool by myself and wander through as a patron not a participant.  I sat down on the grass to eat my lunch and struck up a conversation with Jim who was sitting nearby.  Jim had traveled to Maryland on a bus from Greenwich Village, NYC, and was a fledgling knitter at the time.  Now he creates gorgeous sweaters and hats, and doesn't have the "startitis" problem so many of us suffer from.  Jim finishes his knitting projects!  I hope to see Jim at Rhinebeck in the fall.  In the meantime, Jim sent some knitting students of his to my booth to say hello.  I'm very impressed with their creative and colorful hats, knitted under Jim's tutelage.  Way to go, Jim!

No comments: