Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Heaven's Gates

When I was attending Mia's UMDNJ graduation Daryl and the kids not only took care of my critters - they went to work in the barn building these fabulous gates.  I had a wire panels for "poor white gates" with twisted wire and baling twine holding them closed.  They were very awkward at shearing time or when I had to get in to where the sheep were.  I usually just climbed over the fence rather than undo the gates.  Now I have sturdy gates framed with wood with real hinges and latches.  I had a feeling Daryl would do something in the barn as he likes to keep busy and has fixed up the barn before.  It was a real jolt when I went out there and saw the gates.  Daryl set the kids to mucking out the pathways through to the milk room and out Thor's door, too.  It takes a LOT of shoveling and raking to do it by hand, then huffing and puffing the heavy wheelbarrow out the door.  I really appreciate the love and devotion Daryl, Kim and kids have shown to my farm over the years. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maggie....I just so enjoy your blog....so genuine. I was wondering....do you only sell your wool at fairs and markets? Regard, Leslie

PS....How is Little Miss Sadie?