Friday, April 29, 2011

The Wedding



Coming off Mia's wedding so recently I was really looking forward to the Royal Nuptials. The Brits do it so well and they didn't disappoint. I loved the trees and the hydrangeas with greens on the altar. I adore the way the Royal Family uses the little ones in the bridal party. Kate's gown was perfect for her - so elegant and classy. There will never, ever, be a gown like Diana's but this comes close. It's tough not to compare the two brides. Diana had better make up and looked so beautiful with those heavy bangs and long lashes, but I loved Kate's long dark hair against the gorgeous white lace on her sleeves and bodice. Kate's train was part of the gown and flowed so perfectly, while Diana's train looked more like a banquet tablecloth being pulled behind her. Diana's bouquet was spectacular, but Kate's was mediocre. I see what they were trying to do, keep it natural and understated, but it needed some dangling English Ivy to give it more balance with the long gown. I still hear comments about the wrinkling of Diana's gown when she got out of the coach, but silk behaves that way and I understood it. Kate's satin had wonderful drape. I would love to see it up close as it was hard to see the lace on the skirt on TV. I wasn't crazy about the idea of the sister Pippa wearing that slinky, sexy white dress which fairly upstaged Kate - but then she did such a good job of handling the train and managing the baby bridesmaids I had to forgive her. Who could resist the handsome William and the way he looked at Kate, whispering to her through the ceremony? I confess I bristled when the Wicked Stepmother Camilla come in. She destroyed Diana and Charles marriage and ultimately caused Diana's untimely death. I don't believe I'm alone in that belief. William and Harry may have forgiven her but I can't. Diana, Diana, you were so beautiful and vulnerable. You needed more love than Charles was able or willing to give because it was given to another before you walked into that trap. If only you could have lived to see this day. Your sons look so much like you, tall and handsome. You bred tall genes and good looks into the Windsors, and, hopefully, your kind and generous nature. You loom large today, in everyone's hearts.

2 comments:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

LOL My mothers comment on Camilla's arrival was oh look the rottweiler has arrived LOL
Catherine and William are a very handsome couple though!
HUGS
Kim and crew

The socklady said...

And the Rottie is sure showing her age, looking at least 10 years older than charlie.