Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Boxed Up


Almost 115 pounds of wool, mohair and angora went out to the carding mill yesterday. I hated to have to buy boxes from the shipping people, but I was really in a bind to get it to John at Frankenmuth before the Friday deadline. I just sheared two weeks ago so it is a miracle I was able to sort, pick, wash, dye and wash again, all this fiber. John will card it just the way I like it, and hopefully my faithful customers will like it, and bring it to me in Maryland. Hayes Office Supply in Norwich has a little room in the back of the store where I can tape together boxes and pack them up. Passersby are curious but polite. If they asked me what I was doing I might ask them to lend a hand but I didn't get lucky. There are three runs, mostly purple-red-gold-chartreuse this year. I'll do some blues for the fall shows. One run is 100% mohair and should be spectacular. I'm hoping to spin some sock yarn for myself as adult mohair is stronger than steel and holes won't appear in the heels. Bluefaced Leicester is too soft for socks.

1 comment:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Can't wait to see it!!!
HUGS
Kim