Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mad Dash South


I had to do it - too much work and no play makes Maggie a very dull girl. I decided to make a quick trip to Morristown to bring Mia the video camera charger I forgot to give them when they were here helping with the shearing. I was hoping we could watch a bit of the wedding together but there was no time before they had to go back to New Jersey. After a week of working hard on wool and soap I needed a bit of a get-a-way and took off. Mia was surprised to say the least when a volunteer called up to her floor at the hospital to say "your mother is here!" I was able to go up to the floor and see Mia sorting drugs with her meds cart while a very desperately ill patient waited. We decided I would wait for her in the coffee shop while she finished up with that patient and found another nurse to cover for her so we could spend a few minutes together. It was SO good to have a bit of time to chat and catch up on this and that. Mia just finished up a semester at UMDNJ and has two weeks before another one starts. Another year and she will have her MSN and be a nurse practitioner. Many opportunities will be available to her. We had a lot to talk about, with her twin brother AJ's ordination and graduation from seminary coming up. He will be an Army Chaplain and belong to the military from then on. His first assignment is to report to Fort Irwin in Nevada for duty, then to Las Vegas to assume the role of assistant priest at a church there. AJ will be doing double duty as an Army chaplain and a local priest for a while. Mom is relieved and pleased that he is not going to Afghanistan anytime soon. Whew!! On deck for today - cut up a LOT of soap and get one more dye pot going. I have a BIG shipment going out to the mill tomorrow after school, or else I won't get it back at Maryland. The next three weeks will be very, very busy for me. Maryland Sheep and Wool only comes once a year and I have to give it my best effort.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I can't wait to hear about all your Maryland adventures. Good luck with all your preparations. Wish I could be there with you, or at least send Hannah to help and keep you company in the booth. Will Bella travel with you to Maryland?