Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Yin and Yang


What a topsy turvy day...the little dusting of snow here in Brookfield turned out to be a wave of intense downfall by the time I hit New Berlin. I took a chance on King's Settlement Road instead of going out of my way another five miles to take 23 into Norwich. Bad move. The hilly winding road was littered with cars gone off the road and one turned over in a ditch waiting for the tow truck. I happened to be behind the wrecker which stopped at every unfortunate driver stuck in the snow to find the one he was called for. By the time he reached the car upside down in the culvert I had to stop again, this time with three police cars holding back traffic while they pulled her out - a tiny little car I would bet was going way too fast. I was fine in Moby Dick, going slowly in 4 wheel drive. Gosh, I love that truck. It's worth keeping the gas guzzling monster just for days like this. I finally arrived late to school to come face to face with my supervisor who luckily had heard about the mishaps on the road and knew I would be late. School had it's ups and downs, drama here and there, but the ups were great so I don't mind it much. I flew out of there to get home and check for lambsicles. On the way home I had a call from Mia telling me she got me a DRESS for the WEDDING and is sending it to me for a try-on. It's a fabulous formal dress she found right in Morristown and it is a show stopper. I pray it fits but it should be okay with serious diet and exercise - what else is new - but it's a dress worth suffering for. I saw it with her but never in a million years thought it could be mine. I entered the barn high as a kite to find a cute little doe dead from bloat likely, as she is very swollen. I suspect she ate a lot of the extra hay I've been putting down for the expectant moms. Always hard to lose an animal. Yes, there is safety in numbers but I love them all. Out to do chores. It's a damp penetrating cold tonight. Please let the moms hold on to the weekend - a lament I make every year. SO excited about my dress. It is unlike anything I've ever seen and so different from traditional boring Mother of the Bride outfits in the salons. I had told Mia I didn't want to look like I'm trying to upstage the bride in such a fancy dress, and she said nothing doing, that she wanted me to look and feel fantastic. It is taupe colored silk and sleeveless with a fitted bodice and a swirl skirt embroidered with stones. I will bring it to school to try on as I am afraid of unpacking it in the crazy house of mine. Out to start chores and dream of my dress and Mia's fabulous wedding coming up in just seven short weeks!

1 comment:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

PICTURES!!!! We want to see pictures of the dress :)
I got the nicest thank you card from your darling daughter today as well from the shower -she's such a sweetheart!
HUGs to all

Kim and crew