Sunday, January 09, 2011

A Pahty



Kathy Herold owns the Mad Art Studio in Hamilton. She gives all kinds of art classes for children there including acting, dancing and painting. I was excited to be invited to her "Hot Tamale Winter Solstice Party." She lives in Hamilton, just 20 miles away - not too far to go with sheep so pregnant. Kathy's old Victorian house is amazing, with every inch covered with vibrant colors and rich textures. I met some interesting people including Dave Holmes, a rare book dealer who went to Somerville High School in New Jersey the same time as my older brothers. He might have played on the football team with Freddie. He was anxious to go home and check his yearbook. Kathy steamed a few different varieties of tamales and served guacamole and beans. Very delicious. Home to the barn after a stop at Price Chopper and gas. Price Chopper points brought a tank of gas for my F150 down to less than $2 a gallon instead of $3.25. Works for me. I picked up a Premier sheep prolapse harness from Shepherd Mary, just in case my ewe decides to slip her uterus again. She's holding for now but her rear end looks very flaccid to me. Yes, it's a sheep thing! Better get some shut-eye. New Moon is on satellite TV and sorry, Jake is definitely cuter than Edward!

No comments: