Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mia's Boots


This is why I love thrift shops. I bet someone got these J.Crew boots for Christmas and didn't want them for some reason. Mia has been looking for boots to wear to Switzerland on her ski honeymoon next month. I stopped at The Key in Cazenovia yesterday on the way to Pompey, and spied this pair right away. They are Mia's size, brand new, and have a removable, washable fleece lining. I didn't find any Mother of the Bride formals, but scored some cheap fabulous sweaters and a nice pair of lined wool pants - my new blue jeans. I've also started wearing long wool coats this winter. I've picked up a couple for ten bucks, brand names, lovely fine wool. When I venture out in the morning I'm toasty warm, like being wrapped in a cozy blanket. It takes a bit of doing to climb up into the pickup truck, but I manage.

No comments: