Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lilly the Freeloader


Lilly likes to sneak into the milk room where I keep bags of grain. She nuzzles her long snout into the sacks and samples them all - cracked corn, egg layer mash, and fitting, her favorite. I don't mind Lilly helping herself to a treat. She's an "aged ewe" and pregnant with lamb. Lilly is a little too thin for my liking. I named her Lilly because she was born on Easter Sunday, almost ten years ago. I still have Lilly's mother, Harmony, who is also pregnant. Fingers crossed on how that goes. All this talk about pregnant sheep makes me want to go out and check on them. After that I will go horizontal until the next barn check.

1 comment:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Lily is like a grand old dame who has aged beautifully :) Her daughter Luna is almost as pretty as she is!
HUGS to all
Kim and crew