Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mother of the Bride


Mia is shopping for dresses for me to wear to her wedding. She is the ultimate discriminating, skillfull, efficient shopper. Not a surprise as she is half-a-JAP. Mia can take a day and cover a LOT of territory. She hit all the top department stores in her area of New Jersey, then found these gorgeous gowns at Lohman's. Lohman's gets dresses from the classy stores and sells them at cut-rate prices. The lovely dress on the right is from Cachet, a boutique at the Short Hills Mall via Lohman's, and is very "forgiving" of any figure flaws. Mia has three more dresses coming for me to try on. How will I ever decide? I'm so lucky I have such a sweet, thoughtful daughter who loves me so much, and who knows how stressful lambing time is on the farm. Maybe she's afraid I will show up at her Hyatt wedding in barn boots and Carhartts?????

3 comments:

Jill said...

What a gem Mia is. I love the dress on the right!

Four Owls Farm said...

both are lovely choices, Mia is a smart shopper and you will be a beautiful mother-of-the-bride :)

Kathleen said...

I love that mauve-looking dress! I just attended a wedding with purple and black as the colors, and to tell the truth, although it was beautiful I thought it was a little too goth for my taste.