Saturday, June 20, 2009

Runaways


I woke up at 5, stumbled around a bit, then forced myself to lie back down and close my eyes. It worked - I woke up again at 8. Still have this nagging headache. Must be this muggy weather. The first thing I do after pushing the Magic Button on the coffeepot is get the doggies out. They are jumping up and down and now that I'm wearing a short summertime nightie I get caught with some doggie claws now and then. Not pleasant. We got outside the south door, which is easier now that Thor is tied a little farther away. He jumps and strains at the rope pretending he wants to KILL Pip so I have to rush them out and away quickly. Still groggy, I urged them to pee quickly so I could get back inside and drink some coffee. They did their business and we started back to the door. When I opened it a little kitten got in the way. Not wanting to close the door on her I stooped to pick her up and stumbled and dropped the leashes. Now Tanner and Pip wait for this sort of opportunity. Suddenly there's no tension on their chains!! Freedom!! I lunged for Tanner and got one slipper on the end of her leash. She yanked and took off. Pip was right behind her with Holly and Izzie in hot pursuit. I don't have to tell you how furious I was. If I had a gun...but I don't own one and it's a good thing! My neighbors have one hand on the phone all the time waiting to call the dog warden. As of one hour later Tanner came sculking home but no Pip. Last time his leash was wrapped around a log and some locals found him two days later. I'm going to put up a doggie yard outside the door where I can pop them in it and go back inside. Let me take some more ibuprofen to get rid of this headache...Big cleaning today. Maybe I'll sneak a walk up the hill to admire the beautiful flowers growing around here.

1 comment:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Any sign of the runaway Pip???
HUGS
Kim