Thursday, June 11, 2009

Graduation Day


Our little section of the technical high school where I work is holding a graduation ceremony for the half dozen or so students who are receiving their diplomas. Happy Day! These are students who have triumphed over various challenges to go the distance. I've worked with one of them for three years. Hope she keeps in touch. We are cautioned not to get personally involved with students but it's hard not to with some of them. I have six blocks of Clary Sage with Lavender soap to cut up after school, and several bags cut out. I am going to give myself a schedule of "spring cleaning" to keep to. It's not my favorite activity but it's got to be done. It's getting hot and the kids are coming. Lot's of stuff will have to be packed away in tubs and stored in the barn. Thank goodness Mia is so neat. I used to be a neat freak, way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth. I think I'll get some soap cut now before I go to school. See, any excuse not to do housework...

3 comments:

Henya said...

I can sympathise, Magge. We know the enemy, - it's name is housework. Now is the time for that bottle of vodka.

Cornerstone Fibres said...

We need an excuse not to do homework???? And with Maggie its a Bottle of Harvey's Bristol Creme ;)
LOL
HUGS!!!!!!
Kim

Katidids said...

My first visit to your blog, & your serving Harvey's!!! Yeah My favorite! we used to live in Spain, & woudl go to the bodega & get a gallon jug gilled for about $1. I nearly choked when we came back to the states and I bo
ught a bottle!
Love the blog!