Friday, June 12, 2009

Cool and Rainy


Cool, rainy and dark. I heard rain in the wee hours when I was having trouble sleeping. Got up and checked movies on TV. Nothing that would help me sleep - just nasty, gorey, awful stuff. Sometimes a movie playing softly takes my mind off whatever it is that prevents Orpheus from taking me to dreamland. I popped in Master and Commander, yes, I know, with cannons booming and storms about to sink them. I've seen it so many times and the cello music is so beautiful throughout the movie it did the job. Now I have to get ready for work. Tomorrow I'll have some wool to dye. I have a few woolies that I want naked before the real heat hits. I'm terrified of fly strike and too much wool invites it. I will work on another red run, which sold out in Maryland, and a yellow run which just sold out. Well, traded out. Carol Crayonbox trades her graphic arts services for wool. I have lots of soap labels now, which was always a problem for me with broken printers, etc. That girl is so clever.

1 comment:

Henya said...

Be careful Maggie, I have been following a thread on ravelry on Animal Cruelty. Apparently city neighbours reported a farmer to the animal control officer for cruelty to animals. Overnight the sheep lost a lot of weight and looked funny and bold. Of course it was after the shearing. He-he