Monday, June 22, 2009

Gimme Shelter


I am wasted. Three more days. 62 miles after a vet stop on the way home. Wish I was smart enough to figure out a way to stay home. I don't know if I'll make it three more days and don't know if I'll be able to force myself to go back in September. I figured out if I add a few more shows and work really hard I could make my salary, but what about health care? I just don't think Obama has the stuff to get it done. He's comfortable sitting on the fence. And I don't know how I could work much harder. I wonder if Jan is lying on her tufted leather sofa, watching big screen TV, stuffing her mouth with bon-bons while balancing a book on her belly and watching me chase the goats that ran over my property line at the top of the hill? Must be nice. It's hot and muggy now. Matt wants all the rest of my stuff put away and there is no where to put it. Have to buy more tubs. I'm supposed to go to the Historical Society of Brookfield to tell them about my "farm business" tomorrow night. That would be after a day of "staff development" 50 miles away from here at the sister campus in Masonville. I don't think so.

1 comment:

Henya said...

It is a nice dream, but you might miss the kids by September.