Thursday, June 04, 2009

44 F. and Rising


Cool morning - great day to sleep in but no deal. I slipped a vest on over my nightie and took the doggies out. I ran into Sister Grace, dressed in her habit, getting ready to get in her little car and leave for the day. She has been staying
on the farm this week while her brother, Chris, is in Bentonville, Arkansas, attending a WalMart stock holders meeting. The Sisters are very proud of their "country bumpkin" brother going all the way to Ark. to represent his fellow workers. We exchanged niceties about the cool weather, etc., when Holly went over to her to say Hello. With a smile still on her face, Sister said GETOUTTAHERE!!Holly let out a loud yelp when Sister's cane shot out and smacked her good. We continued to chat while Holly dashed away from the pain. I confess it was kind of funny and I marvelled at Sister's good aim while holding a conversation and looking at me. I said goodbye and brought the dogs back in the house so I could get ready for work. The weather warmed up beautifully. We took some students up the BOCES hill, although not the BIG hill which goes straight up a half mile, to shoot off the bottle rockets we made in science. It was a nice way to break up the day. Home again. I found some newborn kittens in a bag of mohair perched up high on a box to keep it away from cats. Hannah and Luke will be in kitten heaven when they come!

No comments: