Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mia Needs a Bag


Every bag has a purpose. I made the Caribbean Cruise Knitting Bag because I just went nuts over the fabric when I saw in on line. Had to have it. This is not always the best impulse purchase. Truth be told, darker colors sell better. I think people are always thinking, I could only use this bag in the summertime. Maybe I should buy something red, or dark blue, or forest green, or taupe, etc. I made the bag anyway thinking someone would snatch it up and just love it to pieces. I put it on Etsy along with two other bags and wouldn't you know, the two other bags have gotten many more hits. That's okay, because out of the blue Mia called and said she needed a diaper bag for a baby shower. Her nurse friend is having a girl and our standard jungle fabric wouldn't do. Wait! I said. I have the perfect baby girl bag! I mailed it to Mia, Priority Post. I checked my voicemail after work and there was Mia, raving on and on about the bag and how perfect it is and how she can't wait to give it to the mom-to-be at the shower and how she is jealous 'cause she wants one herself. Gave me a real thrill. I'm so lucky. Don't you just love daughters????? I would make her a hundred bags if she wanted.

1 comment:

Henya said...

Maggi, it is very lovelly. And very girly. I love your bags. I am sure the new Mammy will enjoy it.