Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Stormy Weather






Three days of thunderstorms and torrential rain, power going off and on, no internet for two days. Malcolm's newly dyed purple fleece is meshed into the drying rack, having been "rinsed" several times. Sun is out today with big, puffy clouds. Let's see how long it lasts. I've had so many things to write about but they're all gone now...lost to follow up. I cut out five bags Monday morning, since washing and dying wool is useless in the rain. Started sewing and have three almost done now. It's a miracle I get anything done with running out to the barn all the time and stopping to take out doggies, pet kitties, check on sheep, pick greens for bunnies, feed everyone, look for eggs, throw bales down, etc. The rams started to sniff the back ends of the ewes. Matt and I had a rodeo on Sunday getting all intact males seperated. I talked Matt into helping me get some ewes onto the shearing stand so I could clip some fleeces by hand. I need wool to dye and figured I would relieve some girls of their coats and get them more comfortable until I can get Jim back here to shear. I've had a ball watching the Olympics at night and during the day when I sew. What a thrill it is to see the swimming. Reminds me of AJ and Mia, my Twin Stars, on the high school swim team. They joined as freshman, with no prior experience, and were triple lapped by team mates at first. With 6 am work-outs and night time meets, I don't know how they did it. With sheer tenacity they managed to get good enough to compete in relays and hold their own. Can't believe they are mine - I am so very un-physical, just like my mother. Have to get ready for Lisa's wedding shower this weekend. I will be going to Morristown - my home town - to stay with Mia. I will meet her new boyfriend, Andrew, and help put together the shower at Rachel's house. I am desperate for some kind of vacation and this comes just in time. I just got the scores from my remaining two certification tests, passed both. Thank you God. The Students with Disabilities was a killer...lists of numbers and symptoms and what's this kid got? kind of questions. I only went to Rutgers post M.A. long enough to get certified Special Ed. in NJ which doesn't take much, at least then it didn't. Now I have to take a child abuse test, which I think I can do on line...at least I hope so. No more days spent in hot gymnasiums in Syracuse. Sky clouding over again...oh, please, no more rain!

No comments: