Thursday, August 21, 2008

Love Those Colored Fleeces



I found this fleece in last year's pile. There is no name on the bag, but the fleece is just wonderful. I think I have an idea who it is...maybe Frodo or Bilbo, two older wethers. I adore the colored fleeces with all the variations of black/brown/tan throughout. This fleece is huge and I'm dyeing it in two batches. What color? Teal blue...and it's coming out fantastically. I'm going to blend the teal with wool I've dyed spruce. I might add some purple and magenta. This is fiber art...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh please! Please leave some of it natural!!! Brown and naturals are so useful and wonderful too! At all the shows there are colors, colors and more lovely colors --- but where are the natural beautiful "colors" that God put on these wonderful creatures?