Friday, August 15, 2008

Grazing the High Meadow






I love to watch the sheep graze up on the hill top. No rain today, and my wool got nice and dry. Up there I'm in a world of my own, with no troubles. Annie called tonight to say Hannah and Luke are home with them after their visit with the other grandmother. She also told me the latest news - Eric has a new position with the San Jose, California, BSA council, a promotion for him. The family is leaving Las Vegas in two months. At first I didn't realize where San Jose is located. It's near San Francisco, in northern CA., one of my favorite places in the world. Their house in LV is already rented and Eric is going house shopping in SJ soon. She's happy about the move and says the schools there are much better than Vegas. I will miss those Turquoise Mountains and our desert rides in the side car of the Ural motorbike. Eric will be second in command in the council - no more fund raising, just management. Annie will leave her Bechtel job and doesn't seem to mind too much. She's ready for a new adventure.

3 comments:

yoxx said...

wow.. you live in paradise...

yoxx said...

cool...

Kathleen said...

What beautiful pictures! So peaceful...I can imagine the smell of the grass and the feel on the breeze on my face. Mmmmm...lovely.