Monday, August 18, 2008

Back on the Farm






Lovely, hot summer day here on the farm. I miss My Mia and Morristown but fall into my routine easily, despite the urge to lie down every once in a while. I resist and get to picking fleeces. The weather over the next three days promises to be dry and sunny. When a storm rolled over the farm and a brief rain came down the power went out - perfect opportunity to take a little nap. When I came back to life and let the sheep out to graze, I couldn't help but notice the beautiful flowers, berries and thistles that abound on the roadside and the fields. Years ago I dug up a Queen Anne's Lace plant on the roadside in New Jersey, brought it home and planted it in my back yard. One day I was on the phone and glanced outside to see a ground hog eat the white lacey flower. Here in CNY, those white flowers that I love are everywhere.

No comments: