Thursday, February 14, 2008

Welcome Valentina



There was a lovely surprise waiting for me when I arrived at the farm after work today. A gorgeous great big brand new ewe lamb was lying in the sun with her mother. Matt had already done her cord and put a sweater on her. She was nursing without help from us. Isn't this the way it should always be? In a perfect world it would. We docked tails on two sets of ewe twins, wormed the moms and let them go to make room for Valentina and her mother. I think I am finished with lambing...I think. One more goat to go and we can sleep a little better at night. Good thing, it's been a cranky couple of months for me with many rewards and a good deal of heartbreak. That is the life of a shepherd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that matt chose a pink sweater for Valentina...just perfect!