Monday, February 18, 2008

Gone to Town


We went to Wal-Mart to get Matt a couple of shirts and a new pair of jeans to start his Weatherman job tomorrow. Actually it's Director of Training (he's looking over my shoulder checking what I write for accuracy, etc.) I call him the Weatherman now because he will be working for the NY State Weatherization Directors Association. Every county in NY has a weatherization director. They formed this Association to do things like buy weatherizing supplies in bulk and train the contractors the state hires to weatherize low income houses. It's a non-profit group that gets around 50 million from the state to run on. That's all I know so far. We'll see how it goes. The commute to Syracuse will be miserable, but a job's a job. I went in the Salvation Army thrift store in Norwich and found exactly what I was looking for - a GORGEOUS Harris Tweed sports jacket that fits Matt perfectly for $9.99!!! I couldn't believe it...he's wearing it tomorrow with his first day outfit. They don't make Harris Tweed in the Hebrides of Scotland any more. I wonder what people realize they are giving up when they hand it over to the thrift shop. We could comb endless malls and never find this quality, classy jacket. The week will fly by. Mia is coming on Wednesday to spend one night. I miss her and want to see her on her birthday. By the way, the climber who fell 30 feet and crawled a mile before being rescued is up and walking around, Mia informs me. She lost two patients in one night last week, but the climber is doing well. Twin B is in Nevada doing his Army Chaplain thing. Had a nice chat with AJ yesterday and he sounds very, very happy with what he's doing. His National Guard unit is going on a training mission and he'll be the officer in charge of moral services, or something like that. He'll preach at religious gatherings and pick the movies for the troops to watch. Hmmm, I wonder if he'll show "The Ten Commandments," his favorite movie while growing up.

No comments: