Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mia's Birthday on the Farm



Mia was able to stay for the morning, helping me with chores and picking up hay. Matt's gone to Syracuse with the big truck so I could only get 15 bales with the little one. We had a brief scare when Mia, who was up top stacking bales fell backwards off the tailgate but was stopped by the wall of the barn. She was left with her behind dangling and her pride hurt but that was all. Otherwise, we had a delightful time playing with the babies. The round bale victims are coming along. The little brown doe twin has bent front legs but she's able to hobble around enough to get under her mother and nurse. I am trying to gently pull them straight. Mia had to get back to NJ to do birthday things tonight and get ready to see shut-in patients in Patterson tomorrow. As always, I miss her something awful but have all my coping mechanisms in place, out there in the barn and my crafty doings inside.

No comments: