Sunday, February 03, 2008

This Farmgirl is Pooped




Okay, so it's Super Bowl Sunday. I am totally NOT into football but I did enjoy Tom Perry in the half-time. I saw him at the Garden State Arts Center with my Mia and it was a fabulous show - with such a cute little date, my daughter. There are lambs all over the barn, lying in groups of two and three, or playing outside in the dark around the round bales. I think I have three ewes to go, then some goats, then I'm done. I'll breathe a sigh of relief. I am supplementing three lambs in the jugs with a bottle several times a day. Don't think the moms have enough milk, and one is a weaker twin. I have one whose mom doesn't like the baby on her teat. Have to watch and hope the moms and babes get it together. My blog is looking like a veterinary birthing manual, which is no doubt more than some people can take. Like Mia said, when she did her obstetrics rotation in nursing school, it was no big deal after helping out on her mother's farm! Now to find a way to pay for all these mouths I have to feed. I am setting up an Etsy store. I got one item up tonight. This stuff is rocket science for me but I think I have the hang of it. This way I can post something as soon as I make it and leave my web site for pretty pictures and the basics like soap, etc. The address is www.bundaflicka.etsy.com, I think. I have a week off starting the 16th of this month but hope to be finished with lambing and kidding by then. Then it's time to think about shearing. Have to book somebody. I want to have the BOCES kids out to help with shearing. Have to talk to the teachers about it. I think it would be a terrific learning experience for them, and maybe inspire some of them to go to shearing school. Right now I need to do some sofa time and watch the end of the game. Go Giants...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your Giants winning the SuperBowl. You watched the best part of the game.

judy said...

Love the pics the past couple days!