Saturday, February 02, 2008

News from the Kids (Human kind)


I had a wonderful talk with Mia today. She called at just the right time, as she always does. What a sweet little angel she is, working the night shift at her hospital, spreading joy and cheer among the sick and weary. Now she's taking on another job - visiting shut-ins in Patterson to make sure they are being properly cared for by their home providers. AJ is settling in to his Army Chaplain job in Nevada, working with war veterans and their families. Eric's big Boy Scout Shooting Clays Tournament took place today and I hear from AJ that is was a great success. The event earned $200,000 for the Las Vegas council where Eric is the Finance Director. I know he is thrilled as he worked on it for weeks. Sponsors formed teams which rode around the grounds of the sporting club on Range Rovers and shot clay pidgeons in all kinds of hunting scenarios. That kind of hunting I have no problem with! AJ worked the AR 15 pavillion where people could shoot Army M16's. Everybody had a good time. I am so relieved my three kids all have recession proof jobs.

No comments: