Monday, September 24, 2007

A Walk in the Moonlight




The days are getting shorter and I have to get up the hill earlier. The moon was on the rise when I took the doggies up to the pond tonight. They didn't mind at all, I think they liked it better in the dark. Every once in a while they hear some kind of varmint making a noise in the woods on the ridge and take off, barking and snarling at some perceived threat to their territory. Little Velvet followed us half way up, then kept looking toward the flock way up on the hill in the other direction. She decided to join them...guess she is growing up. Sister Grace is threatening to put her in the stew pot. Velvet keeps squeezing through the fence to go over to Sister's yard and nibble on the bushes. I think Velvet is just trying to be neighborly and do some trimming for Sister, but she was NOT amused. Sister wants me to tie Velvet up, but I don't think so. I threw the ball for Bodie and Holly for a while, then came back down to do chores. There is a Neil Young special on TV. Oh, he looks so old, but oh, he is soooo good. I feel like I grew up with him, looking for that Heart of Gold...

No comments: