Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Stay Awake

I have ten more minutes to go before I can get out of this hot, windowless room. There are other classrooms where I can hang out after the kids leave and get a glimpse of the hills and sky, but those teachers have things to do and I am more comfortable in my little corner where I don't have to be sociable. I'm having a terrible time getting used to being closed in all day. I was up late cutting soap last night and would run out of the barn every once in a while to check out the sheep, dogs, llamas, sky, etc. A cloud settled right down on top of the barn and I was standing in a swirling mist. A little creepy, and I thought for sure I would have a sighting of Lydia, but no deal. She will appear to me when I least expect it and I will be scared out of my wits. When I collect myself she will disappear, I know it. Anyway, next year we will move to the new addition and I will probably have a window. Gretchen, next class over, has a lovely courtyard with ornamental shrubs grown to glorious maturity, that will probably be torn down and paved over. I cringe at the thought. Tonight I will rush home and, after saying hello to all the creatures, get to work on finishing some bags. Whoops, time to go...I'm free for the night!

No comments: