Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Time to Make Product


The high from the last shows is faded and it's time to get back to work. I have a nasty cold which I need to shake. Now I know how my poor kitties felt with their sneezes and runny noses. I think it has just about run it's course through the kitty colony. I am still giving amoxicillin and eye ointment to two or three and they seem to be responding. I am feeding them a lot to get them fattened up for winter. They have shelter but it gets cold, cold, cold in the barn. I need to make more soap, melt soap for shaving kits, make more hand cream, sew a lot more bags, get prints made of some recent pictures and old favorites and get fiber out to the carder. One man bought five rooster pictures for a grouping in his Victorian house. He never thought he would like raising chickens but now is totally enthralled with his roosters. Deb McDermott got in touch to tell me my sock order is ready. Yippee! Now I will have socks for NY Sheep and Wool for Rhinebeck but I have to pay her for them...very costly. They do sell, fortunately, even though every alpaca breeder seems to have socks to sell. This year's socks are cream colored, just like my creamy llama, Breeze. Now I have to get a picture of Breeze and ask Kelly to make another label for me. The hand cream sold very well last weekend. People told me they liked the grittiness (big relief)so I am psyched. I have lots of beeswax but need to order more shea butter and jojoba oil. It seems I always have to spend money to make money - except for the bags. I have a small fortune of fabric. OH, and I have to make more buttons for bags and find cedar shims for the bottoms. Yes, I will be a busy girl this next month. We have to fix broken windows in the barn and milk room and deal with water issues, like the clogged drain that makes washing wool a problem. My kitties go swimming in dirty water - yuck! I have lots of things for them to jump up on but they are more likely to play with the swelling pool and bat it with their paws. And then there is the hay issue - always more hay. Yes, hay is life.

No comments: