Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Heat, Humidity, Sick as a Dog


Yuck, this weather is awful...the cold virus that I am just getting over is spreading through my school, and, according to Matt (who has access to more local news than I do) all of Brookfield. He came home from work, coughing, choking and sneezing with chills and sweats. Yep, that's it. I went to work because I didn't want to take any days off, and so many people there are sick anyway. Good thing I didn't because the shearer is coming Friday. That's going to be tough. Randy, my main hired man, is away and Matt is sick. If I cancel I don't know when he can come back. The sheep and goats need time to grow more hair back before it gets real cold. The most valuable kid mohair has a short life on the goat before it gets ruined from burrs and dirt. Situation normal here on the farm - desperate! Thor is in the dog house. He went over to Chris and Sister's house yesterday and hooked up - literally - with their female dog who was tied to their shed. Chris found them locked in their carnal embrace, untied her and retied her to our trailer, still with Thor attached. By the time I saw her, Thor was gone and I wondered why he did that. Was he giving me his dog? Matt went over and heard the bad news. He wants to tie Thor up all the time now, and fastened him to the picnic table on the hill side of the barn, near Finn and Knut. I sneaked out there before I went to bed and untied him. I can't have all my guard dogs tied up in the full moon when the coyotes are out. Guess I am going to have to make good on Thor's monkey business and pay for his girlfriend's operation...and get Thor liberated from his urges too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh geez, does it ever stop raining on your parade? Maybe Thor was shooting blanks?! Does that mean Chris has given you the female? Just what you'd need, another doggie!

Here's hoping Matt gets better real quick, and that you don't get it again.

Hope the shearing goes well; be sure to put out a picture of little Velvet after her haircut!

hugs,

Jan