Monday, September 24, 2007

Mismatched Chickens


Remember the Mismatched Chickens with the teeny tiny mother? Look at how they are growing up. Their mother is almost hidden behind them. They are Silver Laced Wyandottes. I found their real mother dead in the barnyard and I was sorely pained about losing her. I suspected Tanner, who has been spanked several times for "playing" with the chickens, but she wouldn't confess. I have it in mind to order some more Silver Laced Wyandottes and Buff Orpingtons in the spring. I have many tiny little Bantams now but do so admire those great big buxom girls. Have to order another Murray McMurray Hatchery catalogue out of Iowa. Terrific birds, they have. Oh, and I will certainly order some geese for my Hannah, who is totally enthralled with goose eggs. I am impressed with them, too. That's a whole lotta egg that comes out of those beauties!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, look out mr mailman! Those little peeping noises are going to give him "cause for pause"! Better get that chicken yard made and fenced in as preparation for all the newcomers!

Gee, are you going to need more nesting boxes? Think I can get you more - just say the word.

And geese? Luke had better grow or he'll be able to put a saddle on them and fly like Harry Potter.

Whoosh,

j