Thursday, August 26, 2010

Izzy to the Rescue



A nice neighbor came by to tell me I had some roaming goaties down the road. With the truck broken down, I asked her to give me and Izzy and ride to where they were. It turned out to be a very pleasant hike back. The fields down the road belong to an absentee owner who comes for vacations occasionally. I understand why the goats went there. The lovely green field is covered with globe amaranth flowers and other plants goats love to eat. My top field could look like this if the neighbor farmer who asked if he could mow and bale it would come back. He cut a few rows, let them get rained on and hasn't been back. I happened to have my little camera in my pocket, and I confess I stopped to take in the lovely field and views before Izzy and I got to work. Everywhere you turn in Brookfield there is a gorgeous view. If only I found this area years ago...but here we are now. I had a hard time keeping up with Izzy and goats, as he ran them up the hill to the winding trail they came into the field on. Izzy doesn't like to work alone so I had to follow. With this fabulous weather I could hardly complain. There is a hint of decline on the trees. In a month the piney ridge that lines my hill will be blazing with color. Then the harsh winter comes and we'll be hunkered down in my big, strong barn waiting for the green grass to return.

1 comment:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

YEAH IZZY!!!!! You rock :)
He's such a great herding dog!

HUGS
Kim and crew