Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fleece on Earth


I'm trying to enjoy these last few halcyon days before the fur flies. I open my eyes and think "I don't have to go to school today." I know I should be thinking "thank God I have a job in a recessive economy," yada, yada, yada, but I hate to leave the farm. I get up early and work all day, God knows I do, but working at home is different. It takes a LOT of motivation to do everything I do and take care of all these animals. Sure it's satisfying to work with young people and make a meaningful difference in their lives, but the bureaucracy of public education is daunting and makes everyone so nervous. My sheep are oh, so peaceful and watching them graze takes away my stress. I think I'll heat up my coffee and watch them graze some right now - because I'm working at home and I can do that.

1 comment:

andrea said...

so so so so so so so so so agree

that's EXACTLY where my head is at now too ... hang in there