Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bye, Bye For Now



It was a sad goodbye today at Albany International Airport. Annie took her children home to San Jose to pack for their exciting move to Flower Mound, Texas. I was so sad to see them go but have so much fun to reflect on. Annie and Eric have bought a big beautiful home in a lovely Dallas suburb, with lots of fancy stuff, much more space, and a yard that boasts a pool, a stream, a side yard for Booker the English Pointer, and big mature trees for Luke to build a tree house. I have much to be thankful for. I'm so lucky Annie and Eric let them come to me for so long.
I'm so lucky I have a teaching job which gives me two months off to devote to my grandchildren and my farm.
I'm so lucky I could give Eric and Annie the freedom to devote to the Boy Scout Jamboree which showed what a power couple they are and helped Eric get the big promotion to the National Boy Scout staff.
I'm so lucky I live in such a beautiful place with the pond, the waterfall, lovely fields and forests for us to play in.
I'm so lucky to have such fantastic, fun-loving, happy, polite grandkids who are just SO easy to keep and love.
I can't wait until we are together again soon.

No comments: