Monday, August 02, 2010

Beautiful Blueberry Jam


It's not only fabulously delicious - it's beautiful to look at. I adore blueberries, I mean, I really crave blueberries. I think my body needs something they contain because I really lust after them. This is blueberry season in Central New York. I stopped dead in my tracks last Saturday at the farmer's market when I saw a table set up with freshly picked blueberries. They came from a farm just up the road from me in Sauquoit. I bought five quarts with my market earnings and proceeded to eat them non-stop until today. I've always wanted to make jam and now I'm doing it. My body has told me enough with the fresh blueberries for now, so I'll preserve the rest for the long, cold winter ahead. I hope the blueberry people from Sauqouit will be there this coming Saturday so I can get more. This preserving thing is fun. Hannah is not impressed, as Annie puts up all kinds of exotic jams and jellies from fruit that grows in the yards of the developement where they live in San Jose. I'm happy with my blueberries. Strawberries are next on the schedule. Oh, I can taste the crunchy double whole wheat toast with jam now...

No comments: