Saturday, October 31, 2009

Quiet at Home


What a treat to stay at home on the weekend. It's cloudy and damp and I'm spinning in front of the TV with dogs and cats all around me. Sure, I've got to tend to critters and clean the house, but for a short while I'll enjoy my colorful fibers and pretend I'm a lady of leisure, not one who has too much to do and not enough time to do it. I carried two Jack O' Lanterns home from school. I'll put them on the wood stove and light them tonight for Halloween. I'm getting ready to send in my entry for the Maryland Sheep and Wool catalogue cover contest. I'm not telling what I'm entering, but I'm optimistic I might get an honorable mention. First prize is $1,000 - wouldn't that be nice. If chosen, the festival owns the artwork and puts it on the catalogue cover along with mugs, sweatshirts and other festival paraphanalia. How cool is that!

2 comments:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Good luck!!!!!

HUGS
Kim

miaaviva said...

go for it!!!