Saturday, October 03, 2009

Yes, It's Purple!



They call it maroon, but it's purple. This is my new ride. I picked it up this morning. It's old and has a lot of miles but it runs great and has new tires. No rust, either, but it must have hit a deer (oh, dear) or run into something as it has an ugly replacement hood in front. I'll get a BOCES consultation next week and hopefully the auto body students will paint it for me. This van will act as my sheep show/farmer's market truck, motel on wheels, and sheep transport if necessary. It will actually be easier to get sheep into this van than up on the bed of my F150 (oh, my aching back!) I will get studded snows all around and with front wheel drive I should be able to make it to BOCES in the snow. Wish it got better gas mileage...but it was cheap, cheap, cheap and Holly likes it just fine.

2 comments:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Daryl says to ask the autoshop if they have one to put a fuel filter, sparkplugs and a new air filter and it should help with the milage. Also an air induction service and injector flush will do wonders :)

miaaviva said...

i love it!!!