Sunday, October 11, 2009

Just In Case...


We took Wooster, my BFL ram, out of the pasture and put him with the angora bucks on the south side of the barn. One fence section was shorter than the others and I asked Matt, can he get over that? Nah, said Matt. A few days later we were standing in the barnyard and Matt said OH, *&^%!! There he was, up the hill with the girls, %$#@ing his brains out. He would mount one ewe and BANG, then another one and BANG! I was swimming with Mary and told her the story. She said why don't you bring him to me so he can %$#@ his brains out on my ewes! So Wooster has a new happy home. He jumped on a ewe as soon as we let him out of the Jeep. Mary said his lips were curled for weeks (they make that evil lecherous grimace when checking a ewes behind for that certain scent that tells the ram she's ready). Off the farm is the only safe place for a ram when you don't want any lambs. I calculated January 15. Woe is me! It's so cold here in January you can spit and it will freeze before it hits the ground. So I'm getting my lamb sweaters ready. Some have been washed so many times they are goat kid size. I will knit more come Christmas and I have some time off. Yes, babies come from heaven, but January???? Hope Santa Claus brings me some warm polyester/wool ski pants for when I'm lying on the floor, with my arms up to the elbows in a ewe's unmentionable place. Oh, the life of a shepherd...

No comments: