Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkin Party




We had a fabulous time carving pumpkins in school today. My class really got into it, in a way I had not anticipated. Boys and girls both were totally involved and did a fantastic job. Not that I was really concerned, but these are young adults with adult responsibilities and I wasn't sure they could let themselves go...but they did and we had a ball. Each pumpkin was artsy and unique. One dairy farmer student came up with a Barack Obama Jack O' Lantern that is incredibly realistic. These kids have hidden talents I wish I could tap into more often. We roasted the seeds - hmmmm, delicious - and one student carried plates of the warm, salty, buttery, crunchy snack to the teachers in our wing. The kids will take their pumpkins home tomorrow.

3 comments:

The socklady said...

Good on you for letting the kids play once in awhile. Kids are kids even tho sometimes they think otherwise.

Henya said...

Cool! Really cool!

miaaviva said...

I am so impressed!!!! wow.. you gave them a really special day! every day with you is special.. they are so lucky!