Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Cold Out There


It's 32 the last time I checked tonight. I got some skeins washed for bunny mitten kits, then started sewing. Two of the new swirly bags are spoken for so I made three more. Great fabric from Carol Crayonbox and her secret Ithaca source. I finally caught this baby buck kid who has been holding up one back foot for a couple of weeks. Grabbed him in the dark in the hay mow. I don't think he realized I could see him with my headlight or I would never have nabbed him. Got him doctored with Tiny Tina riding on my shoulder. Matt came by and took this picture. Gosh I look so Swedish. Put a schmata on my head and a wool coat and I would look just like my grandmother on the farm in the old country. They ditched that life soon as they could and moved to the big glamourous city of Brooklyn, New York! Funny, the farm life suits me just fine. Holding this little guy makes me realize why I'm working so hard.

1 comment:

Crazy Lady with purple fingers said...

That is such a cute picture, after being hard to catch the baby buck looks so snuggly, looks like he has beautiful fibre.