Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tiebacks


Sunday morning and we're making tiebacks for the drapes I sewed for Mia last year. I have enough fabric left from the comforter to do a couple of throw pillows to tie the whole scheme together. I clipped the selvedge to use as a lovely trim. Mia does all the chores while I sew - a real good deal for me! She runs the doggies up the big hill to the pond every morning and night. Mia's off to Syracuse today to meet her boyfriend, Andrew, who is working there next week. We will ALL miss her so. Right now a very tired RN is taking a well-deserved rest. She spend three days of her vacation with me. When I was pregnant with Mia and AJ my mother and I sewed a whole nursery's worth of crib sheets, canopy top, bumpers and curtains. It was a lovely time spent together. Now the babies are grown and I'm sewing with my daughter. The wheel of life goes round and round - the cycle repeats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when i first saw this i didn't realize that i was sleeping in it hahahaha.. what a lucky girl i am!