Sunday, August 02, 2009

Market Magic



The market was fantastic yesterday. Brilliant sunshine after a day of rain. Lots of tourists came through along with a huge wedding party. I saw Candace, my friend who spins that fabulous thick 'n thin bulky yarn for me, and several other friends. Susan Carr came to visit and invited me to join the fiber friends on a road trip to Jamesville, near Syracuse, to visit Janet Ambrose and check out her studio. Janet is a professor of textiles at SU and has lots of nifty machines. Jackie and Randy from Brookfield came by with their greyhound. Debbie Zahn, one of the fiber crew, stopped by, too. She's recovering from a runaway carriage accident where she was catapulted from the cart and hit a tree. She'll join us on Tuesday. On the sales front, a woman from Chatham, New Jersey, 5 miles from where I lived for 20 years, bought the red "olive pit" bag. She wore it into Jane Porter's studio in Hamilton and Jane herself came over and bought the other one! Go olive pits! Jane used to be in the dressmaking business and has lots of gorgeous remnants she puts out for sale on occasion. I showed her how I used her fabrics for linings and she was able to tell me where this one was woven...linen from Belgium, wool boucle' from France, etc. I had a few soap and creme sales and 3 soap cards went home with tourists. One woman wanted a card that said Maggie's Farm on it because she's a Bob Dylan fan. Memo to get some more of those printed. We came home exhausted and met Mary and the Border Collie Swim Team for a dip. I wrapped soap last night. It's raining heavy this Sunday morning. It will take me the better part of the day to clean this apartment. I'll ease the pain by wrapping soap here and there, playing with fabric, sewing a seam, and maybe get a batch of soap going while I work. For right now, coffee is waiting. Very strong coffee. I wonder what Hannah and Luke are doing????

No comments: