Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Sunny For Now


We are expecting a hot, sunny day today with thunderstorms coming this evening. I am going on a fibery adventure today. I will meet some fiber friends in Hamilton (where I will duck into Hamilton Whole Foods and buy myself a banana/soy milk shake) and journey on to Jamesville, near Syracuse. Prof. Janet Ambrose will show us around her high-tech studio. She owns one of only two fabulous German knitting machines, the other housed in the Rhode Island School of Design. Janet raises her own fiber and does all the processing herself, along with teaching textile courses at Syracuse University. Susan Carr, felter and expedition organizer, wants to stop at the Artisan Studio in Cazenovia on the way. I've only been there once and it is filled with unbelievably beautiful and imaginative fiber art, jewelry and pottery. What a treat for us all. Matt is working at home today to babysit the critters and hold the sofa down for an afternoon nap.

2 comments:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Have FUN!!!! Sounds like an awesome day :)
Hope Matt has a good nap on the couch too.
HUGS
Kim and crew

Unknown said...

Small World time (sorry Annie) -- I learned how to spin at Jane Porter's studio in Chadds Ford! I had no idea she was in Hamilton now. The next time I'm in Syracuse to see my mom, I'll have to try to check some of these good places out.

Cate