Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunset Swim


Ninety degrees and steamy today, as forecast. I started dyeing fiber, after leaving it go in favor of sewing, soap, spinning, etc. I'm not giving myself much time to get it carded before the shows start, but here we are. I'll have to apply myself to sorting, washing, dyeing, washing after dyeing, and setting it out to dry. A few days of rain is forecast which is not helpful, but I'll do what I can. I got several Celestial Bags cut out after clearing off an eight foot table in my future "work room" for cutting space. It was the kind of day when stationing myself in front of a fan would have been nice, but I had things to do. The day flew by, hot, but lovely enough to take some pictures of the sheep and goats in the field. They are so beautiful grazing in the thistles, which, to my happy surprise, they are starting to munch on. I had heard the thistles are more palatable at the end of the summer and I think it's true. After my photo session I drove over to Jan's to look over some of the "unclaimed salvage" from her garage sale. I tried to talk her into a swim, but no deal. Not her cup of tea. So Izzy, Holly and I headed up to the pond and I had my cooling, soothing swim. No amount of coaxing could get them into the pond. The sun was setting and I watched it through the cattails and reeds. It was time to go, or I wouldn't get my chores done before dark.

2 comments:

jan said...

Oh my, tis my cup of tea --- I just had a very road-traveler to feed and tuck into bed. I'll dash into that pond soon!

Maggie's Farm said...

I'll believe it when I see it, Jan! And don't forget your swimming shoes...I suggest sturdy ones, as Mama Snapper is down in the mud somewhere! That's why I float on a raft!