Monday, August 31, 2009

Looks Great!


Mia took her new comforter home and put it on the bed right away. It looks fantastic. I think she will be cozy and warm this winter. Mission accomplished! I need to make her some pillow shams now. I only have the checked cotton left. I know Mia would like that and I have a lot more of that fabric. This was a total nothing-out-of-pocket project! We'll see. Weather is lovely today. I went to school and met with the teacher who did special ed. GED last year. He loaded me up with forms, pretests and practice tests, and workbooks. Words cannot express how I don't want to do this, but the special ed population is booming at our school and one teacher left for a local regular high school. Duty calls. We'll see how it goes. The paperwork is daunting. Fortunately my colleagues are top-notch and very helpful...or I don't know what I would do. One more week of freedom. I got two rather large messenger bags made today, with a long strap as Mia and Carol Crayonbox suggested. This allows over the opposite shoulder wearing. The fabric is gorgeous, but very heavy and difficult to sew on. I'll get the almond soap made tonight before I get too tired. I go like crazy, but when I drop there's no getting me up with a crane.

No comments: