Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Oy Vay!


I was happily sewing away with Jaws on the TV when I realized it was raining. My latest batch of wool got wet before I could get it inside. OH, well, not too much you can do about the weather. I was going to go up to New Hartford and get it mailed UPS from Staples, get soap labels copied, etc., treat myself to B&N, get olive oil at WM, Sculpey clay at Michaels, on and on. Hopefully tomorrow. In the meantime I am busy sewing, picking more fleeces, dyeing them, and, writing on my BLOG. If only I was as faithful with my housekeeping...but this is much more fun! I have a story to tell! There are four more chicks in the rabbit cage, peeping for their mother. She is up on top in the pan with yet four more chicks who haven't fallen out yet. Nine are inside with me, that makes SEVENTEEN chicks this hen hatched! Wow! I have to figure out what to do...maybe I will slide the pan she is in off the top and lower it to the ground. She will surely attack me if I do this. Should I throw a towel over her? I want her to keep some chicks but most I will raise in the bathroom to save them from cats, etc. I better buy stock in the chicken feed company! If times get really hard I will have lots of chicken soup.

No comments: