Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mother Lode



I made an attempt to tidy up the apartment today - I swear I did!! The half finished bag left on the sewing machine was beckoning to me. I stayed up late to sew and spin, more spinning than sewing because of the ceiling fan situation (see a previous post) and got four bobbins empty. I have three giant skeins of two ply semi-worsted yarn wound off and tied, ready for washing. This is perfect Gansey yarn which I hope to knit this winter after the run of shows is over. Black BFL with little bits of red and yellow tweed angora and mohair will be a fantastic Gansey yarn. Now if only I was a better pattern reader! I can grow and spin the yarn, but knitting is something I have a long way to go with. Hats, mittens, scarves, no problem. This Gansey pattern says "Easy To Knit" but I come up with the wrong number of stitches. More about that later. It's still hot and I missed an invitation to swim with Mary and the BC crew. By the time I got the email she had gone to the pond and left due to my flock of goats grazing by the pond. Mary didn't want the Border Collie team to disturb them. I went up there looking for Mary and took pictures instead. The "high meadow" is so lovely. I came back down and stopped in the tractor shed to see what I could find in the freezer for Matt's dinner. I'm such a good wife I can't stand myself! I spied a big tub that looked kind of interesting...what a find. It's full of fabulous fabric, including a zodiac sun motif I forgot I had! I carried a big armful back to the barn apt. for cutting and sewing into bags. Just what I needed...another load of fabric to pile onto the kitchen table, which is already heavily laden. Maggie will be busy...

2 comments:

Libby said...

Don't worry. I'll help you make your own gansey pattern. Libby

Henya said...

I can not wait to see your new bags. I love mine dearlly, but they are addictive. Any fabric with cabbage roses or peonies yet?