Friday, August 10, 2007

Ship It Out


I got a big shipment out to the mill today. It included wool, mohair, angora and some alpaca I've had for a couple of years now. Vivid colors including magenta, royal blue, kelly green, lime green turquoise blue and yellow, to be blended with a natural black wool, Merino and Bluefaced Leicester. I can't wait to see how it comes out. It's always a thrill to open the box and see those one pound balls of roving, fresh and new. I'll be getting some yarn spun, too, but that's very costly and roving is cheaper to produce. But there are many people who don't spin and look for yarn at the wool shows. I try to have something for everybody. It took me a week to wash, dye, wash again and dry all the batches of fiber. Must have been about 50 pounds. I used all the dyes I had in the house. Piled it all into the truck and off I went to Staples and bought shipping boxes. I assembled them and packed the fiber in the parking lot. I did get some looks from people, understandably. "Look at that woman standing in the rain playing with all those bags of colorful stuff, Mommy!" Well it had to get shipped and I got it done. After our doggie pond time and chasing goats away from the road I got the chores done and groomed three bunnies. I'm almost finished with them and my reward is happy bunners and more luscious angora to dye. Now they can rest, eat, be cool and grow more fiber.

No comments: