Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Heavy Weather


Good Lord, this weather is wild. People in NJ with floating cars and no power. Record heat up and down the east coast. I'm glad I am here on my hillside farm where gentle breezes soften the blast of the heat somewhat. The only water I have to worry about fills the two ponds up the hill from me and what's left goes down to the beautiful creek across the street. An earthquake in Indonesia now, what next? Life is precarious...this time last year AJ was driving me and my belongings up here when we were caught in flood waters on route 88. We were heading south when rushing water coming off the mountain started cars floating all around us. AJ, who had just finished a year of driving a Humvee carrying his 50 caliber machine gun around the island of Cuba for a year, gunned the engine of my F150 and blasted through the flood. I think he saved our lives that night. Just up north from where we were route 88 opened up over a ravine and two truck drivers were killed. AJ was truly an "Army of One" that night. I better spin some wool right now and count my blessings.

No comments: