Friday, August 24, 2007

Petunia Gone Again


After several escapes and reintroduction into apartment life, Petunia has ripped open a screen and taken off into the wild. I will have to wait for her to appear again. I thought she was content in the house, with fishy snacks all day long and cushy chairs to relax on. The dogs were nice to her and she would snuggle up next to Bodie. No good, she wanted out. Life is tough for kitties in the big barn. There are little cliques that stay together and are mean to other cats (just like people!) Some cats are loners and I see them in the same area of the barn at various times of the day. I had hoped to have a special kitty or two in the house but we've had some problems...All three screens on my living room windows have been ripped open. All this time I have waited for a nice place to live and call my own, and I can't open my beautiful windows. Going up to 90 today, so I will try to gorilla tape the screens to keep the flies out. Winter is coming and it will be tough in the barn, but I will feed them enough to keep them warm from the inside out.

No comments: